The FCC Certified it, so who cares?  If you spend all your time trying to
figure out why our government has rules that it routinely ignores, you're
going to drive yourself crazy.

The speed limit on the national highway system is 75mph.  Yet the NTSB has
no problem with manufacturers that sell cars that go twice that fast.
Meanwhile, you're surprised that the FCC ignores the 15db gain rule?
Really?  Anyone could come up with a thousand examples.