When I was in the USAF electronics school, we memorized
a limrick in about 2 minutes having to do with a girl named
Violet (7 on the color code). Unfortunately, it is now politically
incorrect to repeat this limrick here, but that 2 minute lesson
has stayed with me for over 40 years. Takes about 5 seconds
to determine the value of a resistor. No need to bring up a
computer program.
73, Art  W6KY    K1-4 s/n 1717

Tony Morgan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
A while back there was a discussion on resistor color coding,
Ran across this link. A freeware program, it's kind of neat. Win XP
would not run it but it ran on my Win 98 machine.
Check it out at:

www.schematica.com

Tony W7GO