I just uploaded the latest Beta to a 2 week old K3 and all went well, no
issues what so ever! Business as usual here.

Message: 9
Date: Tue, 31 Aug 2010 14:20:10 -0400
From: Bill <n...@aol.com>
Subject: [Elecraft] K3 Firmware Download Warning
To: elecraft@mailman.qth.net

Yesterday, I downloaded the most  recently-relased firmware updates for my
K3.  After the download, the rig went dead in the water.  After three hours
of work with Dale at Elecraft, we determined that the newest firmware
available on the website has major compatibility issues with some, if not
all recent K3's.  After re-installing the 3.97/1.09/2.58 packages, all was
well again.  Dale tells me he has had three cases of this incompatibility
recently.

This is just a warning to think twice before downloading the latest and
greatest, until the good folks on the West Coast get all the bugs out!!

Bill Hartman
N6FB