Is the noise floor on the P3 stuck at -140 dBm or so all the time, no
matter what?  I experienced a similar problem after 2 weeks of use,
and replacement of the P3 RF board was required. Apparently, I was
informed, another cause can be handling damage to transformers T100 or
T101 on the P3 Front Panel board, so you might take a look at them.  I
sure wish the P3 schematic was available at the time, it would have
made troubleshooting a little easier (it's still not published
AFAICS). As usual, Elecraft support was prompt and efficient, I'd
contact them if there's no change.

Bob NW8L