Hey guys,

Recently somebody was nice enough to post information about some LCD front panel meters he found on internet (Thanks!!!). I thought that such meters will be a nice addition to my KPA/KAT in EC2.

The front panel looks empty and it is only occupied by the LED indicators at the bottom so there is a plenty of space. I got two meters from Martel Electronics - QM-100V (voltmeter 4 - 25V) and QM-110T (thermometer with internal and external sensors, Fahrenheit or Celsius). The voltmeter shows the voltage of the main supply and the thermometer shows the temperature of the heatsink. The LCD meters are very nice and quick to install (just a 5mm hole is needed). They are pretty accurate too - dead on with my recently calibrated Fluke. Both meters can be calibrated if needed. The thermometer can show the external temperature from a sensor which I installed on the heatsink or the internal temperature from a build-in sensor. Both sensors can be calibrated if needed (small adjustment screws on the back of the meter). I left also space for future addition of an amp-meter, but it will require pretty big shunt, which I might install in a separate box outside of the EC2. I used different computer connectors (from an old motherboard) so everything can be plugged or unplugged easy should I decide to move the KPA100 into my K2. There is also a jumper on the back of the front panel to switch the thermometer between F and C and EXT/INT sensor).

The voltmeter is also very useful with an adjustable power supply to get the exact voltage for charging the SLA battery in K2

Here are some pictures - (sorry, didn't have time to write a HTML).

http://pages.cthome.net/itv/KPA100_LCD1.jpg
http://pages.cthome.net/itv/KPA100_LCD2.jpg
http://pages.cthome.net/itv/KPA100_LCD4.jpg
http://pages.cthome.net/itv/KPA100_LCD5.jpg