Bill,

You nailed that one.

Manufacturers have no interest in giving the user a choice other than they
expect us to load their software in the belief that when the next new model
comes out we will all rush down and buy it.

I do the same procedure as you have suggested and could not agree more.

73's
Gary

On Mon, Sep 20, 2010 at 8:39 AM, Bill K9YEQ <k9...@live.com> wrote:

> Chen,
>
> When it comes to cameras... all bets are off, as personally, I think they
> are bloat-ware and very processor overload.  I have seen Canon, Kodak, Sony
> and Nikon programs which are so "user friendly" to make a great working PC
> turned into a sluggish piece of junk.  I usually stop the startup processes
> of all of them and show my customers how to download from their cameras and
> sort their own so they don't lose the libraries and other dedicated to
> manufacturer systems which can be a huge hassle.
>
> Bill
> K9YEQ

Gary
VK4FD - Motorhome Mobile
http://www.qsl.net/vk4fd/
K3 #679
For everything else there's Mastercard!!!