Tom wrote:

>The K1 is a truly remarkable rig that is it's only kind providing ultra low
>currentdraw , up to four bands and buildt in ATU.
>With those specs the K1 is inexpencive.
>
>The K2 gives the same just more of it.

If portable operation is not an issue, it is possible to find a commercially
built rig that is the general performance equivalent to the K2.  But that
rig, like the K2, will *not* be a backpacking radio.  The same cannot be
said of the K1.  There is no rig available anywhere else that matches the
features of the K1 for portable ops.  Had there been, I'd have bought that,
for I don't really get much mental stimulation from hours and hours of
soldering and clipping resistor and capacitor leads on a PCB.

It's good to hear that Elecraft will offer more products that are ready to
go.

73,
Mike / KK5F