John - found your post interesting and timely, as I played around with the CW
to RTTY mode last night myself in the contest.  I used to operate the CQWW
RTTY contest regularly, and still hold the USA records for SOHP and SOLP,
after number of years.  I have a feeling I threw off some of the old-time
regulars with my new zone and state :.)  Also, my signal is quite a bit
weaker now, running barefoot and stealth wires.  The only issue I had with
the CW to RTTY mode was trying to send a - (-....-)  As it's a character I
never use in real CW, it was difficult to send correctly.

Appreciate your post, especially the tip about CONFIG: VFO OFS.  That's one
setting I'm going to use.  I didn't know it existed.  Regarding your
follow-up post, I don't have a P3 and my K3 is new, and I had no problems.
The only "issue" I had was the long idle time at the end of a buffer.  I
tried programming IM (..--) into its own buffer, but it wouldn't "take."  I
guess it only accepts real CW characters.  I'd like to see a CONFIG setting
for an adjustable end-idle time.

Barry W2UP