I am trying to clean RFI on 160m in anticipation of the contest season.

When KUSB is connected to K3, it emits white noise of about 5 Khz BW around
1833. I attributed it to U-verse. The noise is there when KUSB is fully
inserted into K3 but no noise when only the grounds are connected.  The
noise is some 10 db above band noise when using K9AY that is some 100 ft
away. A replacement USB adapter is quiet. I used KUSB before it was more RFI
proof. Can KUSB be damaged to produce RFI yet be functional as an adapter?

MFJ-4225 generates a 10db noise on 160m. Can a simple filter cure the
problem or is it better to get a linear PS?

Ignacy, NO9E