Bill VanAlstyne W5WVO wrote:

> I have (and have always had) mine set to 20 also. Didn't help, in this
> instance.
>
> I often turn the AGC off when running JT65A on 20m using the JT65-HF
> software, so that a strong signal somewhere in the 2 kHz passband doesn't
> trigger the AGC and wipe out a weak -25 dB signal I'm trying to decode.

Me too. I normally listen via a pair of powered computer speakers plugged
into the rear SPKRS socket not the K3 internal speaker. Does that mean I'm
still vulnerable to this issue?

I don't use the PHONES socket, presumably because that would disable the
front panel socket when I want to use headphones.

-----
Julian, G4ILO. K2 #392  K3 #222.
* G4ILO's Shack - http://www.g4ilo.com
* KComm - http://www.g4ilo.com/kcomm.html