The one easy thing to do Susan, is go to what should be the 10 Mhz band, then
push "FREQ ENT" button (*it's the red one next to the VFO) then push 10100 then
the AFX button... That will enter in that exact freq.  From then out you SHOULD
always end up on 30 meters when you cycle through the bands.  Give it a try and
tell me if you have an issue still.