To: <elecraft@mailman.qth.net>
Sent: Thursday, May 05, 2005 3:45 AM
Subject: [Elecraft] K2 EXTERNAL VFO CONTROL

Has anyone built an external VFO for the K2, please?

I took the plunge last Sunday and sold my UK main station
transceiver, a Ten-Tec Omni VI, and have replaced it with one of my
K2s.  I am now an all Elecraft K2 station at both my UK and at my
Florida QTHs (SO2R in Florida and shortly SO2R in the UK).

The only thing I miss with the Omni is the external VFO control (Ten-
Tec model 301) and wondered if anyone has built an external VFO for
the K2?

Perhaps one of our technically minded members on the Reflector can
tell us if it would be possible and/or very difficult to build such a
control for the K2, possibly from Elecraft spare parts?

I found a short thread in the Reflector Archives in July 2000 about
it but without any firm conclusions.

I didn't realise just how much I have come to use and depend on the
external VFO of the Omni, especially in contests, until operating
without it this week!

73 de Chris, G4BUE