Well, Dayton gets 20,000 people, Pacificon had maybe 2000. Not as
large. I feel the forums are better at Pacificon, as they have more
forums and rooms than Dayton. There are a lot of smart hams in the bay
area that really support the forums. The commercial and flea market
areas are not as large as Dayton.

I am not sure if next year is the ARRL National at Pacificon or the
year after. I arrived a bit late during the ARRL forum to catch that
bit of data. When the show is the ARRL National convention, they bring
the ARRL Expo, which I believe is the same as they setup at Dayton.
Next year is the new larger hotel!

I really like Pacificon, I go mainly for the forums to learn something
new. I enjoyed Gordon West at breakfast - great way to start the
morning, Cliff Stoll dinner speaker, moonbounce, WJST, 2M path to
Hawaii, wG0AT and his goat adventures, and other great forums. Plus
all day Friday's antenna forum for $10 is a bargain.

I gave a talk on WSPR, filled the small room at 8 AM Sunday morning
with about 35 people.

Looking forward to next year, make your reservations early, as the
hotel and special events typically sell out. Pacificon has become an
annual three day event for me.

A big THANKS to the Pacificon crew!

Randy
K7AGE