From: elecraft-boun...@mailman.qth.net
[mailto:elecraft-boun...@mailman.qth.net] On Behalf Of Lu Romero
Sent: Monday, October 18, 2010 10:44 AM
To: elecraft@mailman.qth.net
Subject: Re: [Elecraft] Re? New Kenwood TS0-590

That's kind of a compliment!

But why all the silly receiver conversion gymnastics?  Or
will there be a TS590S(G) with dual receivers and 100%
double conversion in our future?   Another "forklift
upgrade" model enhancement path like the Alfred P. Sloan
school of Product Management road map adopted over at Icom?
Great way to keep up-selling radios to the masses!

W4ZW, who now owns a K3, a TS590 and a FTdx5000 is holding
forth a "head to head" comparison thread of the three radios
on the Florida Contest Group reflector.

Interesting discussion.  Jon feels the K3 is a great SSB
contest radio (!!!) but prefers the FTdx5000 for most uses.
He feels the K3 RX is "noisy".  He also feels the TS590 is a
great "bang for the buck" transceiver.

I dont disagree.  It might be nice to have a TS590 to
replace my aging TS570 as a secondary radio.  I always loved
Kenwood ergonomics (except for the position of the dreaded
MULTI knob on the TS570 that Kenwood moved on the 590!) all
the way back to the TS820s.

To each their own.

Im happy with my choice.  The fewer K3's in the hands of my
competitors, the better!  :)

-lu-w4lt-
K3 #3192

> On 10/18/2010 10:11 AM, Johnny Siu wrote:
> Believe me or not.  The designer of TS590 also a K3 owner.
 I met him in Aug