On Oct 24, 2010, at 2:59 PM, Bob wrote:

> I found the "AF Tune"  peaking function in the old Kenwood TS930 to be
> quite useful.

I'm generally not a fan of using audio peaking filters (in my early years of
hamming, I spent too much time listening on receivers that had audio filters
instead of adequate IF filtering), but I grudgingly thought the APF on my
TS-940 made the difference between readability or not in certain weak signal
situations on 160 and 80.

Despite its DSP-based audio contouring, I've missed having an APF on my
TS-950SDX (over a many-year period) and I'm thinking I wouldn't mind having a
tunable APF on my K3 (which I've had for only a few weeks) as well.

Bud, W2RU