Rich,

that was VERY well put.  Even a dummy like me could understand that clearly.  I
think as much as your idea of the Q being on the Width control is a good one, I
may actually rather put that Q setting in the Config menu.  I don't see
adjusting the Q as often as I would the Frequency of the APF as you described.

One reason that the Shift knob is the best candidate is be because it seems
that just like when you put the Dual PB filter on, the Shift is centered you
are unable to adjust it, it will be the same with the APF on (or at least this
is my understanding at this point).  So it really wouldn't make any difference
regardless.
I much prefer to keep the Width control active, because I can see that I'll
probably end up using that APF on almost all of the time.  In that case I want
to be able to still operate my Width at any given time without turning on and
off my APF to do so.
If it is the case where the Shift doesn't work when the APF is on, than it
would be nice if in the future the Shift would retain it's setting until the
operator turns off the APF and readjusts it.