Dave,

I use NR 'most' of the time on 5-2 for SSB. My ears find it better to
understand etc.

I usually adjust Hi/Lo cut to give me a nice rounded audio. I suffer from
Tinitus so my ears are not the greatest :-(

I also find I my bandwidth ends up around 1.7 to 1.9 and I have the 2.8 and
1.8 roofers for SSB

YMMV

Gary

On Tue, Nov 2, 2010 at 6:24 AM, Dave Hachadorian <k...@arrl.net> wrote:

> By the way, I have never been able to find any benefit from NR or
> NB in a contest environment.  Maybe my particular noises are
> uncooperative, or maybe I need to try even harder to find a good
> setting.  I have read the advice, and have tried the recommended
> settings.
>
> Yes, I can get the s-meter to go down, but intelligibility is not
> improved.  In my experience, intelligibility is always best with
> NR and NB OFF.
>
> Dave Hachadorian, K6LL
> Yuma, AZ

> .

Gary
VK4FD - Motorhome Mobile
http://www.qsl.net/vk4fd/
K3 #679, P3 #546
For everything else there's Mastercard!!!