On SCC's Installation FAQ page I see this explanation:

"Analog or switching power supplies themselves are highly susceptible
to RF. A few millivolts of RF in the power supply can create an
instability which could lead to a catastrophic failure. We never
recommend regulated or switching power supplies because no one can
predict when RF is upsetting the power supply and all installations
differ in characteristics."

http://www.sgcworld.com/smartinstallFAQ.html

Perhaps they are talking about RF pickup on a long run of power cable
between a coupler located at the antenna and the power supply in the
shack??

Bob NW8L