Same thing to me, I was noticed it when put my Amp w/GU84B on, need 20w+ to
obtain 500w in ssb instead of my normal 16w.  MH2 Mic dynamics was also
affected and obliged to increase the Mic gain consequently.
When back to NOR Dual PB features it comes back almost to normal power but
seems a bit lack of dynamic.
When download back the 4.14, everything returns to "normal".
I have download again the 4.17 and same "problem" occurs but let it like this
the time a solution will be available on line.
Anyway the APF is really impressive to extract the weak signal and really
enjoyed it. It is also a must to catch the beacons qrg's.
Bst 73s
Philippe A65BI

>>> "Dave Perry N4QS" <n...@comcast.net> 05-11-2010 4:34 >>>
I am seeing the same reduction in SSB output power.  I installed 4.17 Beta
last night.  It appears that the reduced power only occurs when I have APF
activated.  I have twice restored SSB power by doing the following:  1).
Changing mode back to CW, 2). Going to Dual PB in Config menu and turning
APF off, 3). exiting Config menu, 4). changing mode back to SSB.  Power is
restored back to a full 100 watts.  With APF set to on, SSB power is reduced
to about 70 watts.  I confirmed this on 17M by repeating the process twice,
and I then tried 20 M SSB and the power was back to 70 watts (after I had
turned APF back on.)  Is this a problem with the beta release?  I saw
Wayne's suggestion to do a TX gain calibration, but it seems strange that I
would only need to do this after installing Beta 4.17.

APF works great, but I need to resolve this SSB power issue.  I may try RTTY
next to see what happens in that mode.

Dave, N4QS