Although I generally use the 4-band filter board, I intend to convert my K-1's (#391) original 2-band filter board to 80 & 40 meters from 40 & 20. I have the 80 meter component kit. Question is: Is it necessary to locate the 80 m parts at the band 1 locations (necessitating unsoldering & relocating the 40 m components) or may I just remove the 20 m parts and replace with the 80 m values? Will the on-board I/O controller and MPU care when I recalibrate and perform the band specification procedures?

Any advice would be appreciated.
Tks & 73,

Jim Gelbort W9TO