Date: Mon, 8 Nov 2010 05:23:02 -0500
From: "Ed G" <ed.g...@comcast.net>
Subject: [Elecraft] K3 Headphone Pops and Clicks
To: <elecraft@mailman.qth.net>

Hi Folks,
     I remember the subject of headphone pops and clicks being discussed
before, but couldn't find any consensus as to cause.  I'm using N1MM ver.
10.10.2 and K3 ver 3.79.  In my case (over the weekend, CWSS) there were
many random loud pops when I clicked on spots on the N1MM bandmaps or
changed bands using N1MM. The pops are not consistent or repeatable, and
seem to vary from band to band; some bands have almost none. Noise blanker
was off.
     Not sure this is related, but other types of headphone noise - minor
clicks - were noticed when using full QSK, but that type of noise went away
after I changed to semi-QSK.
--Ed--