What do you propose for those of us that use the Notch all the time? Should it
just be removed?

If there's this much trouble with toggling through filters on accident,
wouldn't it make more sense to have the tap XFIL button the APF on/off button,
and the HOLD the Dual PB on/off function?  A message could come up saying APF
N/A if the Dual PB was on, and a message that said Dual PB N/A if the APF were
already on....
Of course there could be a menu selection for those that want to have the XFIL
button work as normal...

Honestly, after testing the APF I really don't find THAT much need to open and
close the filters while I'm in the APF mode, if I do, I guess I could just as
easily turn the Width knob to adjust the Width to my liking....  Just my
opinion.