Well. I will give my 2 cents worth. I started out with a straight key, still
have it for Dec. 31's and took my code test at the FCC in Atlanta. I did not
have to send any code. I later got a Vibroplex bug but never did like it
that much.. Then I went to the KR50 keyer from TenTec and sold it a couple
of years ago when I sold a Ten Tec Triton IV <544>. I now have a Bencher
paddle with MFJ Keyer... In addition I have a Vibroplex paddle and Keyer
combo from the 80s and a couple of mini paddles for QRP with my K1 on the
Applach. Trail!! I don't think I am too old to go back packing on AT at
75... Or am I having hallucinations. Don't be afraid to tell me!!

Paul Gates
Elecraft K1 #231
XG1
[EMAIL PROTECTED]