Upon initial power up OR after the K2 has been idle for a short period of time
I have discovered that the first character keyed gets truncated. If I was to
send my call sign - K2ZF - the K would be transmitted as  A. Letter K  dah dit
dah  -  the first dah would NOT get transmitted and the receiving station would
answer  A2ZF. Its no problem if I was to call CQ and repeat my call sign a few
times, but if I'm chasing DX and I send my call only once the DX would reply
A2ZF.
Every other letter gets transmitted properly afterward, its just the first
character after the K2 has been idle. Should I be looking for a sticky relay
and if so which one?
Thanks,  Jim  K2ZF