In tuning above 7.385MHz, listening to broadcast stations on AM, I noticed a
very strong and broadband interference extending to just above 7.500 MHz.

At 7.385MHz on AM mode I hear a relay click in, and I'm assuming that this
is the K3 changing over to the KBPF3 which I have installed.  Looking at the
P3's display, the spectrum which is hf of 7.385 MHz is completely clear of
such 'qrm' until the VFO goes above 7.385 MHz, and then the qrm appears
about 35dB above my noise floor, not only above 7.385 MHz, but extending
below it to the extent that the P3 will show.  Since this is not even
observed on the P3 (with its maximum span set) until the VFO is tuned above
7.385 MHz, I can't help but to think that this is an unexpected artefact.
Removing the antenna clears this completely, so it is not internally
generated.

But what is causing it I wonder.  I have never noticed this effect before.
Since it only occurs above a set frequency and then is apparent below that
frequency too, to my mind it has to be a fault with the K3 that I haven't
observed with any previous firmware version.  I am running with latest beta
for both the K3 and P3.

73 Stephen G4SJP