Mike KL7R wrote:

I am building a K2.

It was originally Rev 1 but now has the Rev 2 boards
I am following the Rev E manual.

The Rev E manual says that D10 should be a 95SQ015 ultra-low-drop shottky 5A
diode
but I cant find one of those.  Instead I have 2 SB530 Shottky diodes like the
one that goes into D12.

Q: Can I use the SB530 in D10? Its forward drop was something like .17 volts.

The older versions of the K2 did use an SB530 in this position. The 95... is better because it has a lower forward drop, which will allow you to use the K2 in the field for a longer time from a gel-cell, for example. However, if you are powering the K2 from a DC supply, then it really doesn't matter. You can get the 95... from Elecraft if you plan to operate from batteries.

Vic, K2VCO
Fresno CA
http://www.qsl.net/k2vco