Sorry for being slow to reply.

Oh yes, a coil wound on a core made from "Ferrite" or "Powdered Iron" will
be a source of IMD products, the culprit being the core. The level of the
IMD products generated by a core depends on a number of factors, which we
could discuss "Off List" if you wish.

While I understand Lyle's point concerning the AGC, I cannot shake my
suspicion that something in or near your antenna is behaving as a mixer, and
is the source of IMD products. The problem with adding the DDS' signal by
coupling to the antenna is that you have no control over "unwanted" mixers
in the vicinity. To disprove (or confirm) my suspicion, my suggestion is
that you build a hybrid combiner, and use it to inject the BC and DDS
signals into the K3.

73,

Geoff
GM4ESD

On Wednesday, November 24, 2010, at 7:59 AM, Ramiro Aceves wrote?