Dick,

Most of the noise cancelling systems reverse the phase of one of the
antennas and feed the combined result to the receiver,  If the noise
antenna receives only noise, the noise will disappear and only the
signal will be present, but in practice, the noise antenna picks up some
signal too, and will attenuate the signal to the extent of the signal
pickup on the noise antenna.

In theory, it should work equally well at the output of two receivers
each being fed from separate antennas.
Of course, with two full receivers involved, the complexity of
adjustments to achieve the same amplitude on each receiver becomes more
of a challenge, and the phasing adjustment requirements for the noise
antenna are still present.

For those interested in trying it, I would suggest that you "use the
brain" to do the final filtering and simply swap the speaker or
headphone connections of one channel to observe the results.  If you
remember phasing of stereo speakers, then you will understand how just
reversing the speaker (or headphone) leads will result in cancellation
or re-enforcement of sound.

So what I am saying is that it should be relatively easy to try - let us
know the results.

73,
Don W3FPR