la3rk wrote:

> Check the following pages www.pa0sim.nl. As far as I can tell this
> gentleman has done exactly what you suggest, ie he used two K2 receivers
> phaselocked and each fed with separate antennas. Output to separate AF
> channels and software to null noise by phase and amplitude settings. His
> approach seems better than the RF approach (MFJ noise canceller) as the
> software seems to be able to use different phase angles for different
> frequencies. Some of the audio samples on the web site are impressive.
>
> In theory the same setup should be possible on a K3 with a phaselocked
> subreceiver and each receiver fed from separate antennas.
>
> Further, in theory you could think of some internal software in the K3
> where the subreceiver tune knob controls main and sub rx phase difference,
> the amplitude is already in control by the volume knobs. If this works, we
> could avoid an MFJ box or similar as the K3 then is a noise canceller in
> itself. The only difference being that noise cancelling is done at AF
> frequencies.
>
> 73 de LA3RK Olaf

I believe the problem with attempting to do this internally in the K3 is
that, while the VCOs are phase locked on a given frequency, the phase shift
is not predictable if you touch the VFO.  In other words, you could adjust
phase cancellation on one frequency, but it would need to be readjusted
every time you touched the VFO.  I asked Lyle about this a few years ago and
I recall that was what he said.

73,  Bill