Yup,
I just worked ZL8X on 30 meters a while ago.  My IC-7000 (soon to be replaced
by a K3/P3 combo) could barely hear them off my Butternut HF2V vertical, but
once I got the split set to where they were listening, grabbed 'em first call.
I know they have some K3's there and I'd almost bet dollars to donuts that the
op on the Kermadec end was running one.  I'd also bet that if I had a K3 in
place of that little IC-7000, I wouldn't have had any trouble hearing them at
all.

Jim - W0EB