From: elecraft-boun...@mailman.qth.net
[mailto:elecraft-boun...@mailman.qth.net] On Behalf Of Edward Dickinson, III
Sent: Thursday, December 02, 2010 11:03 AM
To: elecraft@mailman.qth.net
Subject: [Elecraft] Elecraft - Ethic, Esthetic and Experiecne [Repost]

For me the participating in Elecrafting involves no less than the following
interrelated concepts.

        Ethic - The principles that form the base of Elecrafting include,
"Hands On Radio," community input in the development stage, and responsive
support.

        Esthetic - My Houghton Miffin eReference offers the following
definition for Elegance:  "Restraint and grace of style."  What I know of
Elecraft meets that definition quite precisely.

        Experience - For those that choose to participate in the Elecraft
Experience, there is much more offered than absolute measurements can
display.  "Dollars per Watt," bottom dollar, decibel measurements,  point
tallies and such are but a very few quantities with which to evaluate the
overall Experience.  Overemphasizing them may cause some to at times
overlook other rich qualities of the Experience.

While Elecraft shines very well in many, if not most aspects which can be
measured and quantified, 'The Whole is More than the Sum of the Parts.'
Elecraft products and the Elecraft Experience are much more than the
hardware and the various measurements, be those technical or of currency.

Are there possible quantifications or collections thereof by which Elecraft
might fall short of some other manufacturer..?  Too much energy to either
the left or the right of the decimal point can sometimes be just that.

73,
Dick - KA5KKT