An unfortunate choice of terms on my part has caused some confusion.

While my particular filter's passband is asymmetrical, something mentioned in
passing, the asymmetry I was really referring to is a difference between
something on one end of the filter from the other.  It could be either a
crystal or a transformer (if used).

Wes  N7WS