What is "1S1"?

Ron AC7AC

-----Original Message-----
Congratulations on your purchase of the K-3.  I have two of them.  Both are
fully outfitted as well is a K2/100 which I built several years ago.  The
K-3s are simply outstanding.  I just acquired a P3 41 of them and that works
extremely well.  I also have an FTDX 5000 MP.  That is an excellent radio
and as you mentioned it does have its strong points.  Its main receiver is
extremely good.  But as you noted its second receiver is not as good.  It
does not use the roofing filters which are available to the main receiver
and, unlike the main receiver its first IF is in the VHF region so that
narrow crystal roofing filters would probably not be very effective.  As you
know, the story is quite different with the K-3.  In fact, I am not aware of
any other radio offering two receivers with identical, outstanding
characteristics.  And of course, the company is just outstanding to deal
with.  Not only are their products cutting edge but they know how to treat
and deal with customers.  I think that will certainly ensure a long and
prosperous future for Elecraft.

Incidentally, I was a member of AF Mars for many years but finally resigned
about three years ago because of lack of activity on 1S1.  Since I was
discouraged from operating on nets with other modes, I just saw no reason to
continue the activity.

Bruce-W8FU and ex AFA1XD