From: elecraft-boun...@mailman.qth.net
[mailto:elecraft-boun...@mailman.qth.net] On Behalf Of Vic K2VCO
Sent: Friday, December 17, 2010 8:51 AM
To: elecraft@mailman.qth.net
Subject: Re: [Elecraft] K3 ESD

I've mentioned this idea before but I like it so much I'll repeat it:

I attached a metal yardstick (meter stick) to the front of my workbench
and connected it
to ground through a 1 meg resistor. My arms naturally fall on it, and it
is invaluable
when building kits and cutting wire to length.

I have an aluminum muffin tin for holding parts which is also connected
to ground via a
resistor.

I use a wrist strap and mat too, but I suspect the ruler would be enough
by itself.

Vic, K2VCO
Fresno CA
http://www.qsl.net/k2vco/