From: Paul Ormandy ZL4PW <zl...@orcon.net.nz>
To: elecraft@mailman.qth.net
Sent: Sat, January 1, 2011 11:22:39 PM
Subject: [Elecraft] K3 losing RF

Hi all,

My K3 has developed a problem...

Power output is down to 70W and the LCD back-light flickers on tx. The "Low
Voltage" message flicked

up briefly once.

I suspect a DC power problem but so saying, the voltage at the rig is 13.9V on
transmit at 70W and

the rig is drawing 13A. The problem seems worse on the 6mb.

If I reduce the output RF control to around 60W, there is no perceptible LCD
flickering.

I will obtain another 20A power supply tomorrow and see if the problem persists.

In the mean time, (apart from running low power), can anyone suggest what I
should start looking for

internally?

Kind regards,

Paul