Don,

Please explain what you mean by "split tone".  I do not understand that
term without some clarification.

For RTTY, there are two tones, usually separated by 170 Hz, and CW is a
single tone.  The offset from the suppressed carrier frequency may be a
consideration in determining the actual signal frequency, but that is
usually not relevant.  Different radios display the frequency
differently, and that must be taken into consideration if you are doing
CW using audio tones generated by the soundcard. for native CW. On the
K3, the transmit frequency is displayed if you are in CW mode, and in
SSB mode (or DATA A) the suppressed carrier frequency is displayed, so
the CW keying method (audio or RS-232 keying) you are using is a
consideration for use with HRD keying.  It all depends on what you are
doing.

73,
Don W3FPR