Hi,

First: happy new year to all!

At PA6Z contest group, we're thinking about using 2 K3's in the
upcoming CQWW 160 meter contest. This will be the first time we will
be using two rigs on the same band. Of course, we're planning large
antenna separation and we'll perform tests and take power
measurements in advance, but still we're a bit anxious about possible
harmful power levels at the antenna inputs.

If I have read the documentation correctly, the K3 has
carrier-operated relays on every *receive-only* antenna input, but
not at the transmit antenna ports.

So, what about this scenario:

The first K3 is in receive mode. Its operator has just accidentally
hit the 'RX ANT' button, switching the main receiver's antenna from
the beverages on the RX ANT (which has C.O.R. protection) to the
vertical on ANT 1 (which has no C.O.R. protection). Now, when the
second K3 starts transmitting, which protection does the first K3
have, in case the antenna separation alone is not enough to prevent
reduce RF levels on the ANT 1 input to a harmless level.

Should I add outboard protection to the ANT 1 port, switching it to
GND whenever the radio is not keyed?

Thanks for your input, 73,

Frank PA4N