I usually don’t comment on these types of forums, and invariably someone
will find fault with your comments and take you to task. However; in spite
of that I feel burden to share the following perspectives with this group.

I have had 69 years of experience, many levels of electronic maintenance,
from vacuum type electronics, in the 1950 through large scale integration
using computers and digital logic. Through this time the following has
happened to me.

1. I have seen the following go out of business – Heathkit, Collins, Drake,
and many others. As companies grew larger, they forgot their roots and those
things which made their product so great.

2. I have IC 821 that was a great radio. Company after 6    years has
decided not to support the radio can’t get parts. Solution: Throw it way and
buy another radio. The same manufacture has decided not to sell another
produce last year because they new they had a lot of field problems because
of the complaints of the customer. Their solution was to not support the
radio any more. I ask you is that  customer service ? We all now the answer.

3. Some manufactures have proprietary hardware chips and software.  When you
have problems and they have chosen at the corporate  level not to support or
move support services overseas to off shore companies, what happens. We have
all had this happen to us with some computer companies. It is ex-asperating.

I could go on, on and on, so here is my point.  Elecraft Company is doing it
right. Bring jobs back from over seas back to USA. Designing a great
product.  It appears they won’t leave you in the dark. Your support and
further purchases depend on your satisfaction. So lets continue to help
support in all ways to make this company stay in business.

Brian Mc Inerney
WB8IDY
CF 989-859-9374

--