Sorry, but the VEC (Anchorage) , of which I am chairman, no longer
offers code testing for any reason.  All of the exam tapes and texts
were destroyed a few years ago.  We don't even have the 5 WPM stuff any
more.    If someone is looking for a code test, I would suggest
listening to W1AW, or going to one of the on-line practice exam sites.
Google search for "code practice" - there will be lots of "hits" to
select from.

Many of the other VEC's I have spoken to have a similar policy - that is
to say no code exams. at least not officially.  This was discussed at
the NCVEC annual meeting a few years ago.  If I remember correctly, the
decision of the assembly was that code testing would no longer be
supported as an "official" policy, but that individual VECs and VEs were
free to offer "unofficial" tests if they so desired.  Note the
unintended side benefit of this action - VECs cannot charge for giving a
code test, as it is no longer a FCC requirement for any class of amateur
radio license.

It may be possible to find a VE that still has the capability, but I
kind of doubt it.  Enthusiasm for code testing (as opposed to  actually
operating on the air) seems to be on the decline.  I am speaking only
from my own memory here, and do not pretend to speak for the NCVEC as a
whole.

This does not mean that learning and using Morse code is being
discouraged - just the opposite is true.  Both the ARRL  and the W5YI /
Gordon West groups reported a while back that sales of code practice
tapes and other code learning materials are more popular than ever.
Some observers have reported that on the air code traffic is booming,
and that it is becoming hard to find a "hole" in which to start a QSO on
some days.     From my point of view, working DX has always been easier
on CW then on phone.    For confirmation, try listening during one of
the more popular CW DX contests.  It is still true that the modestly
equipped stations of some of the rarer DX hams are basically CW only.

I am not sure if there is a code requirement for the commercial exams
(2nd class radiotelegraph, for example) or not.   There is some software
available from various vendors that still does code practice, and one of
them could probably do a timed exam.   The W1AW code runs are at several
speeds, starting at 5 WPM and increasing by steps until  maxing out at
about 35 WPM, I think  The runs go from slow to fast some days and fast
to slow other days.  The accuracy of copy can be verified by checking
articles and contest results in QST.

- Jim, KL7CC
Anchorage ARC VEC, Inc.