I think Elecraft under-sells the "system" notion of their products.
Certainly, the K3, P3, KPA500, and KAT500 will work fine as
stand-alone products, but where I suspect they all will really shine
is as a modular, but tightly integrated, system.

The K3 product line looks like it will soon allow for a smooth, user
selectable, upgrade path from a competitively priced entry model K3/10
to a seriously tricked out station with all the bells and whistles
when all the parts are from the "K3 system".  The expedition
friendliness of all the components is an added bonus.

To me, as a systems engineer myself, I consider this a competitive
advantage.  It both needs to be advertised more, and maintained as a
focus of future development.

73, Byron N6NUL