On 21 May 2005 at 4:04, KK5F wrote:

> There's 100 percent agreement here!  Learn one mode and the other will
> seem impossible.
>
> I haven't any moral objections to mode B, just to the firmware
> designers who design an embedded keyer in a rig to use only one mode
> and that mode is mode B!  (Example...the nasty FT-817!!)  For whatever
> reasons some such firmware designers seem more often to choose mode B,
> so I actually recommend that mode B be the mode learned if one is just
> learning iambic keying.
>
> Thank goodness the Elecraft keyers allow either mode!

But they don't include the third mode - Iambic OFF. This would allow
the use of twin paddles without the keyer trying to insert anything
at all by itself.

Long time user of single paddles and struggling to use a twin paddle.
Don't care what the iambic mode is, I never ever want to use it..

73 Dave G3YMC

http://www.davesergeant.com