Don,

I have the Inrad 8 pole 500hz and also the 8 pole 250.    Either is a
big improvement over the 1.8, which was previously my narrowest filter
for PSK, RTTY, and CW.     The 250 is about the narrowest usable filter
for RTTY and works great for PSK.   The 500 will support the 500 hz data
modes like Olivia ,etc., and is a good all around, day to day,
data/digital/CW filter.

The 500 is very versatile and I use it a lot for casual work, however in
RTTY contesting I use the 250 almost exclusively.    The 250 is also
particularly good at isolating a weak PSK31 station in the presence of
"QRO" PSK signals near by.

None of these have any impact on TX bandwidth.    On PSK, if you set up
as recommended with 4 bars of ALC you will have a very clean signal.

73 Jack KZ5A
K3 #4165