Jeff,

I see that Bruce K1FFX has made you aware of Don's (W3FPR) and my comment on
the "birdie" that Bruce found on 21029 kHz, which also disappears when the
KPA100 is not active. However may I add a little more.

Don speculated that some of the oscillator energy (HV Bias oscillator) could
be picked up by the T/R switch when the KPA100 is in-line, and I can confirm
that this is fact. The fundamental and harmonics generated by this
oscillator and the assocated voltage multipliers are also found in many
other places in the KPA100.

It might be worthwhile to remove the audio leads from the KPA100 board, i.e.
those which connect to the K2 and to the speaker, to see if in your case
this affects this particular "birdie". The bundle of pcb traces in this area
(and other areas) of my KPA100 was quite hot with RF from the HV bias
oscillator/ voltage multiplier.

73,

Geoff
GM4ESD