--- On Fri, 2/11/11, Lee Buller <k...@swbell.net> wrote:

> My friend, Jeff, who is not ham (His wife is...go figure)
> is a computer Linux geek and is trying to figure out how
> to program PIC computers.  I told him the other day that
> some Hams use them all the time in projects.  Not me...but
> some hams do.
>
> He is having some issues with finding information about
> registers.  I wonder if the people on the list could point
> me to books, manuals, information concerning the programming
> of PIC devices?
>

> Lee - K0WA

Lee,

I have assembled PIC code under Linux for several different Microchip
microcontrollers using GPUTILS:

   http://gputils.sourceforge.net/

and have programmed them using Picprog:

  http://hyvatti.iki.fi/~jaakko/pic/picprog.html

Microchip's web site (http://www.microchip.com) provides datasheets, tutorials,
and sample code for use by anyone interested in making use of their
microcontrollers.  There are also on-line discussion groups (such as
http://www.piclist.com) that provide VERY useful information.

I have also learned quite a bit by reading, "Programming & Customizing PICmicro
Microcontrollers", by Myke Predko.

(Incidentally, it was the construction of my K2/100 in 2003 that was the
driving force behind my getting interested in integrating PICs in many of my
electronics projects.)

73, de John, KD2BD

--
Visit John on the Web at: