From: elecraft-boun...@mailman.qth.net
[mailto:elecraft-boun...@mailman.qth.net] On Behalf Of ab2tc
Sent: Monday, February 14, 2011 5:10 PM
To: elecraft@mailman.qth.net
Subject: Re: [Elecraft] Anyone having luck getting the DXpedition S9DX

Hi,

They haven't been very good here either until this afternoon. Worked them
easily on 20 a few minutes ago. Their equipment list mentions Tokyo High
Power HL-550FX amp(s) which is in the 500-600W class. Apparently they have
verticals only except on 10m, but if they are right on the beach that should
be perfectly OK. They are a good 57 in CNY with very little QSB.

AB2TC - Knut

Tony Estep wrote:

> For whatever reason, they haven't been very loud here in Missouri.
> Charles,
> S9SS, is usually quite loud, and when Martti was there as S9BB he had big
> signals here. Maybe their vertical antenna setup isn't optimal for their
> location. However, if you can hear them it's not hard to work them now
> that
> the pileups are thinned out, even with low power and a modest antenna.
>
> ymmv,
> Tony KT0NY

  _____

No virus found in this message.