Hi all,

This may have been suggested before, as I recall there was a thread
on additional uses for the P3 display, but I haven't been able to
find it in a search.

What I would very much like, is that the AGC curve would be displayed
on the P3 screen: on the horizontal axis the input signal in dB or S
points; on the vertical axis the output signal. The AGC curve could
then either be the actual curve, or a modelled version showing at the
least the four important areas (horizontal part on the left, then the
area with 1:1 slope, then the area in which AGC slope can be
influenced by adjusting CONFIG:AGC SLP and finally the hardware AGC area).

If the currently received signal would be displayed on the horizontal
and vertical axes (maybe with a 'drop line' up to the displayed AGC
curve and another going left to the vertical axis), it would become
very visible what changing PRE, ATT, RF Gain or the various AGC
config settings do to an actual input signal condition. E.g., one
would see how the difference between a signal and the noise would
increase on the output axis when reducing RF Gain, or when increasing
the steepness of the AGC slope.

This could also help in explaining what really happens, in case the
"the K3 is a noisy receiver" thread comes round again...

I'm curious whether I'm the only one wishing for this addition, and
whether this idea is at all possible, given the P3's available
processing power...

73,

Frank PA4N