Al, first check the resistance with your DMM leads reversed. Some DMMs apply
enough voltage that gates in the i.c.s start to conduct, giving you an
abnormally low reading.

I trust you are using a DMM and not a VOM (like the old Simpsons, etc. -
just about anything with a "wiggly needle" meter ;-)  All of the older
meters applied a dangerous amount of voltage to the circuit for today's
solid state components. If you have access to a second DMM, try it and see
what it says.
Finally set your DMM for a fixed range that will let you see 100 Ohms rather
than allowing it to "auto-range". The amount of voltage applied to the
circuit varies with the range and that can produce strange results with some
DMMs.

U6 pin 8 on the RF board tests the 8V power bus for shorts. If you get the
same results after reversing your DMM leads or (if possible) using another
DMM, it's time to look for mistakes. That bus comes from voltage regulator
U8 and serves Op Amp U6 (where you are checking), the VFO and the thermister
board (see the schematic in your book K2 RF Board sheet 1 in Appendix A). It
also passes through a choke to become bus 8A but that goes directly off the
Control Board via J7, and at this point the Control Board should not be
plugged in. Check for any problem (solder bridge, etc.) at the J7 connection
to the board.

Hopefully this will get you launched in the right direction. Our resident
Guru who has built and serviced countless K2's is probably contesting or
recuperating. I'm sure he'll pop up soon if you have more questions. I and
many other "solder jockeys" here will be glad to fill in as best we can.

Good luck!

Ron AC7AC