You are welcome Carl!

My first introduction to the K3 was at Ozarkcon the same day as Visalia.
I was stalking N0SS and slipped into his room.  He got a call from Wayne
who gave the go ahead to announce the new rig.  That was when Tom let me
look on his laptop at the files about the K3.  I copied those to a USB
drive and brought them home.  Years later I asked AB7R about the
transverters going inside the K3.  He was taken aback and disabused me of
the notion.  Feeling a bit squashed I mentioned the early specs showed a
slot for them inside.  I was later vindicated when the transverters found
their original spot.

My first introduction to Elecraft was from a magazine ad in QST.  I needed
a rig to build and found it.  I had not been involved in amateur radio
since the late '60s so found the world had changed.  Thinking I would
never use CW I bought the K2 and the SSB module.  That part was fun to
build but for some reason has never been used ;)  The K2 was used as a CPO
for the summer and finally I squeaked by my element one test.  Somehow the
K2 had gotten me from Tech to Extra in one exam :)

Later in the year I first met the K3 (by proxy) I was at Pacificon where I
got to meet Eric and Wayne and the K3.  Somehow or another I fell for it
and walked out of the venue with a sales receipt in my pocket.  I think I
will blame it on Lisa but I know she will never testify to it :)

Thanks for the many years of fun guys!
    73,
       Kevin.  KD5ONS