Are you using a USB to serial adapter? I had trouble with Fldigi and my K2
when using an adapter with the Prolific chip set. I enabled the diagnostics
and some of the data from the radio was getting garbled. I tried an FTDI
adapter and that worked. Don't ask me why some programs work and some don't.
It's a mystery.

Julian, G4ILO

Bob-19 wrote:

> I've recently setup my K2 for digital modes using HRD and DM780. After
> some
> fiddling with audio levels,  HRD/DM780 seems to work reliably with my K2.
> It
> was subsequently suggested that I try the FLdigi set of software (FLdigi,
> FLrig, FLmsg and FLwrap) instead since it includes additional features for
> reliable communications that are being adopted for emergency
> communications
> by some organizations.  After setting up FLrig for my K2, FLdigi/FLrig at
> first seems to work OK, but after a short period of time, the control of
> my
> K2 becomes unstable, e.g., either not releasing from transmit mode or not
> going into transmit mode; and the only way to clear the problem is to
> power
> cycle my K2. I've now tried both HRD/DM780 and FLdigi/FLrig several times
> and the HRD/DM780 has been consistently reliable and FLdigi/FLrig has been
> consistently unstable. Does anyone know how to get FLdigi/FLrig to work
> reliably with a K2?

-----
Julian, G4ILO. K2 #392  K3 #222.
* G4ILO's Shack - http://www.g4ilo.com