Hi Bill

The most logical next step would be transmit monitoring.

I would like to see the facility for 2 directional couplers. One at the output
of the K3 and one at the output of the amp. It would also be nice if you could
have IN and OUT for these directional couplers so that you could use it for
scope monitoring or for inserting crystal notch filters inline for serious IMD
monitoring of your amp.

How far the P3 evolves into test instrument or a toy accessory, is really up to
Elecraft. The P3 has sufficient performance to be a test instrument rather than
being just a toy bandscope. The review in  QST alludes to this possibility.

Telepost's new LP500  is where the P3 should be heading. However we will just
have to wait and see what comes out from the end of the P3 engineering pipeline.

My vote is for TX Monitoring and spectrum analyzer features. A tracking
generator  would be nice for homebrewers as well.

73
John